Blue Ocean Law is a boutique international law practice providing a broad range of legal services for governmental, intergovernmental, and nongovernmental clients in Guam, Micronesia, and greater Oceania, as well as international clients seeking to expand operations or otherwise engage these islands.
Legal Counsel Services
We have provided legal counsel and consulting to a range of clients in Guam, Micronesia, and greater Oceania, on a range of local, national and international issues including but not limited to:
- The rights and duties of states under international law,
- The separate but overlapping arenas of sovereignty, self-determination, and self-government,
- The implementation of international agreements into domestic legal systems and the codification of the same into domestic legal codes,
- The drafting of statutes and statutory interpretation,
- The harmonization of statutory and regulatory frameworks relative to various federal and intergovernmental mandates such as affordable health care, ocean resource protection, and the commercial carriage of goods by sea,
- The law of the sea relative to the rights and duties of states in both domestic and international waters and to the range of activities therein, and
- Human rights and indigenous rights relative to traditional lands, territories and resources and emergent extractive industries such as deep seabed mining
Blue Ocean Law is licensed to practice law in Guam, Palau, the Marshall Islands, Yap/Federated States of Micronesia, Hawai`i, and New York. The firm is able to represent clients who, for one reason or another, need to go to court in any or all of these jurisdictions.